In light of today's recent incidents, ok, well vomit is not really ALL that out of the ordinary....
While reflecting on this morning's events, I began to think I would deter from my catching up posts to this. There are a ton of these that circulate the internet for various topics, so why can't I have my own?
You know you are an FPIES mom when....
1. you are covered in vomit from head to toe, you are mentally noting how it smells for documentation purposes, and it is all in a days work.
2. you tell people that your child has an 'extremely rare immune systems DISEASE' and dont tell them it isn't contagious because you are tired of explaining what it really is, and their reaction can be somewhat fun.
3. you find yourself wishing someone gave out honorary medical degrees.
4. you have to trial a band-aid.
5. you hope it is 'just' a virus, or a cold, or an ear infection, or.......
6. you have a dated portfolio of poop pictures.
7. you understand acronyms such as MSPI, FPIES, PIC and EE.
8. you need a t-shirt that says "Please don't feed the child".
9. you have a spreadsheet on your fridge to record food eaten, time eaten, amount eaten, and if any vomiting or poop episodes followed.
10. you view words such as anal, or obsessive compulsive, or overprotective, or helicopter parenting all completely blase', and replace them with expressions like 'do you mind if I vacuum your floor'? or 'she will have ice chips with that'.